Remade for home

A home blog transforming into a food blog, featuring copycat resturant food, along with some other food that I love to cook.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Flat Tummy Smoothie

I like this title, aren't we all looking for a flat tummy? I know I am so when I saw this on pinterest.com I wanted to try it out.

I remember as a little child my PawPaw McCleskey had a bottle of papaya vitamins and we used to get into them and eat them like candy they were so good. Now looking back we probably should have stayed on them. He was into juicing, drinking hot water for breakfast (to get things moving), eating honey instead of sugar, vitamins and jumping on the trampoline or walking. There were a lot of great things he did to keep healthy that we should have taken better notice of while he was alive. I think we would have been a lot healthier if they we took advantage of that knowledge he had. But hind sight is always 20/20, and sometimes you have to learn from your own mistakes to really understand why things are good for your body.

Anyway, so peeling a papaya is the same as peeling a cantaloupe. Its slimy and full of gross looking seeds you have to scoop out, but it is a tasty fruit. They are good for digestion so I guess that helps flatten the tummy when things are moving well. So here is the recipe...

Flat Tummy

Rich in digestion supporting ingredients, this smoothie will help prevent bloating and digestive stress that can sabotage your tummy flattening efforts.

3/4 c. papaya
3/4c. sliced peaches
1/2 pear, sliced
1 tsp fresh ginger
2 mint leaves
Water to thin

I might have messed up this recipe while I made it, thought it was 1/2 cups. Anyway mine tasted smooth and it was yummy. I have enough fruit left over for another one either this afternoon or tomorrow. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Blogger Omaloriann said...

Sounds yummy! And yes, I agree, we should have taken better note & done those things :( We should have listened.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home