Remade for home

A home blog transforming into a food blog, featuring copycat resturant food, along with some other food that I love to cook.

Monday, February 06, 2012

Taking a "Juice Day"

I don't have any pictures to share today, just some recipes. I had a "free" day yesterday so I have felt the need to drink only juice today to "reboot" my system, I may extend this for the next few days if I survive today. I added 1/2 an avocado to the juice, and cut the milk and yogurt to 1/2 a cup each. It really doesn't taste any different and the avocado will add fat and creaminess to the smoothie. I am building up the nerve to go strait juice, with no milk or yogurt. So here is the recipe and calories for the avocado smoothie.

1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt
1/2 medium banana
1 whole granny smith apple
1/2 cup of strawberries
1/2 avocado
2 cups kale
2 cups spinach
3+ ice cubes
1 cup or more of water to thin

Makes almost 5 cups for a total of 525 calories
Meal portion would be 210 calories (16 oz)

Here's to a better day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home