Remade for home

A home blog transforming into a food blog, featuring copycat resturant food, along with some other food that I love to cook.

Monday, January 30, 2012

My juicing endeavor

Recently I have discovered an exciting thing that has been around for a while. I have been encouraging others to start doing it too and wanted to start posting some of the recipes I have tried. This morning my third attempt at making the Green Monster smoothie I wanted to post it so that others would have something to go by. I added and devided all the calories for you all and you can make it in a blender with whatever fruit you have just add spinach to it or kale or a green leafy vegetable. You can make it with water or skim milk and yogurt or green tea that is unsweetened or sweetened with Splenda. If you absolutely cannot handle the pulp (which has all the nutrients btw) you could stain it through a coffee filter on a strainer. Anyway the whole idea is to diet with it as a way of making sure you get nutrients in.
My personal regimen is counting calories and exercising. That is really the easiest way to do it. No points no meat heavy, fat heavy diet. Just counting whatever goes into your mouth, drinking your water and exercising. I started Friday with mine and hope you will be inspired to join along with me.
Green Monster Smoothie
Makes about 4 cups
16 oz per serving 228 calories

1 cup Skim milk
1 6oz vanilla low fat yogurt
1 whole banana (large)
1/2 Granny smith apple (cores)
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup pineapple
1/4 cup blueberries
4 cups spinach
Use water if needed or add ice if you want.
Make this and have 2 or more servings throughout the day.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM , Blogger Lori Ü said...

Looks yummy. Thanks for inspiring me :) Hope others join us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home