Remade for home

A home blog transforming into a food blog, featuring copycat resturant food, along with some other food that I love to cook.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Queso for dinner

This recipe was given from my Dad in 2002. He was around for the holidays and was making us dinner. I stole his recipe and changed the meat to ground turkey to see if we could lighten it up a bit. It's still a little heavy so you could call it dinner. I also made some chips from an over abundant tortilla supply. I enjoyed it and thought it was yummy, my husband didn't care for it, but here you go.

I started with a skillet and some canola oil, about a 1 1/2 cups or so. Warmed over medium- medium high heat. I had normal size tortillas and I cut them in 8 pieces. Lightly fried then put in the oven for a little longer to brown and to bake off leftover oil then sprinkled some salt over them.



For the dip, I browned 1 lb of ground turkey. When it's cooked through I added 1can of black beans, 1 can of rotel, and 1 lb of velveeta cheese I had cubed to help it melt faster. Let it melt stirring as you go.




I plated it like nachos. And served. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy :-) great pics too!

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Omaloriann said...

:) It does look yummy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home